Future projects in the making:
- Brainstorming stage for a long-term project in progress.
List of my current and past publications and projects:
- July 2014 – ‘No one-size-fits-all approach to education of deaf children’ published in The Sunday Times forum (Singapore newspaper). Online version can be found on the asiaone website. To read it click on http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/no-one-size-fits-all-approach-education-deaf-children
- December 2013 – DEAF DEAF SAME published on RIGHTNOW: Human Rights in Australia website
- Nov 2013- Jan 2014 – Intern at CBM Australia – conducted research on Deaf education in specific countries
- November 2013 – 2 articles published on The Limping Chicken
- August 2013 – Me, Myself and I published on ymiblogging: a youth ministry initiative by RBC ministries
- May 2013 – Published an article titled “The Deaf Writer – Does it exist?” in The Emerging Writer Handbook 2013. An excerpt of this article has been published on The Wheeler Centre Dailies website. To read it click on http://wheelercentre.com/dailies/post/5308f82491b4/
- 2012-2013 Columnist for Divine -A Community for and by people with a disability. Published several articles. My articles can be found on this link: http://www.divine.vic.gov.au . Type in my name “Phoebe Tay” in the search box and some of my past articles will come up
- 2012 – Deaf can write workshops with Arnold Zable that culminated in the “Through Deaf Eyes” performances at the Melbourne Writer’s Festival
Articles where I have been interviewed and quoted:
- February 2014 – Interviewed by Lizzie Ward from Deaf Unity. Interview has been published on their website. Read article here http://deafunity.org/article-interview/phoebe-tay-deaf-writer/
- “Sounds of Silence produce the write stuff” written by Annabel Ross and published in The Sydney Morning Herald on May 30, 2013.
- “Seen and now finally heard” written by Arnold Zable and published in The Age newspaper on August 25, 2012.