“Great writing craft will not come quickly; it will not come easily. It takes years of making mistakes and getting it wrong. There will be times when it seems progress is impossible and inspiration dries up. But it is through overcoming these hard times and technical hurdles that the real lessons are learnt and great leaps made.” ~ Roderick Poole
I still have much to learn and improve as a writer despite writing all of these. More challenges to come my way. I am thankful to Karen McQuigg and Michael Uniacke, excellent writers who know so much more than I do, for the feedback on my stories on how to improve. It is a blessing to cross paths with you both and to learn from you. Thank you for challenging me to think along unusual and interesting lines and for all your encouragement. 🙂 I’m glad two of you are part of my journey as a writer and look forward to more fruitful and enjoyable discussions in the future.
Here is a list of some stories and articles I’ve written over the last 4 years outside of my full-time job:
2012 – Articles on DiVine website – Written around Deafness themes, food and travel.
Some of these articles are:
- Through Deaf Eyes – A beautiful story of friendship between 2 Deaf men
- A Sporting Champion – A profile of a Deaf table-tennis player
- A food paradise – Good food in Singapore
- Beyond borders – Highlights of the Asian Pacific Deaf games in South Korea in May 2012
- Through my eyes – Beautiful sights of South Korea and its accessibility features for Deaf people
– In Conversation with Arnold Zable (Currently being edited. To be published in “The Emerging Writer”)
– Journey Down memory lane – (As part of the Melbourne Writer’s Festival. To be published)
2010 – The Landlady’s Daughter – Fiction story with a Deaf character.
2008 – Getting Ready (wedding article previously published on a website that does not exist anymore)
To you readers out there, hope you enjoy perusing through my stories and articles. 🙂